Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Sleep, Smokey C's and Baby Bo

I'm sure most could tell by my last post that I was kinda crabby and obviously didn't get to sleep in. Sleep is one of my favorite past times. I guess I was just, in a way, venting but thanks for answering back. I think guys just don't realize how much noise they make.

***********
Smokey C's is going along pretty good right now. It probably won't be until closer to May when we open. The handicap bathroom is finished or just about and I believe we have most of our equipment.

**********

I got an update on baby Bo tonight. Things aren't looking good at all, again. Talk about a roller coaster ride. They are now saying that he does have the rare genetic disorder that affects the liver. They are going to take a piece of liver, skin and muscle tomorrow and make a portal(?) but the doctors are giving him very little hope. 1 in 250,000 babies have this disease. The other baby that has come through the hospital where Bo is, only lived to be 8 months. If he does make it, he will most likely have severe mental retardation. I know I don't have to ask but just pray for this family. It is such a heartbreaking story.

1 comment:

Steph said...

So sorry to hear about Baby Bo. Thanks for keeping us updated. That's such a tough thing and you are 100% correct about the "roller coaster" thing. May God grant them mercy, peace, and His comfort during this time... that's the only thing that will get them through this!