Monday, April 28, 2008

Mommy/Baby status and Dylan

Just thought that I'd share where the baby and I are in our development. I am 7 weeks pregnant. Most women are just finding out they are pregnant... I've known for 3 weeks. The nausea seems to be easing up a bit but it's still there. I actually think I'm just getting used to it. I have to potty a lot more but kind of having a hard time too because of the tipped uterus. I have zero energy and now love naps! There are a lot of other not so fun things going on but I won't share.

The baby is about 1/2 an inch long or (supposedly) about the size of a blueberry. It is beginning to grow it's little hands and feet and it's eyes are starting to develop. It still has a tail but should loose it soon. It's brain, red blood cells, appendix and pancreas are all beginning to develop as well. No one can convince me that this isn't a living person but that is a whole other topic.

****************************

Today, as I was picking DT up from school, a little girl from his class was leaving too with her mom. The little girl's name is Marley. She's cute too, with curly blonde hair. Anyway, her and her mom were walking behind us when she said "bye Dylan" but it was slow and kind of flirty (know what I mean). Dylan pretty much ignored her, so I told him to say bye. He gave an unenthusiastic bye. Then Marley said "it's kissy, kissy time" then made several smooch noises and came after Dylan. It was so funny! He started to run away from her and finally she gave up. We were all laughing, except, of course, Dylan. Marley's mom told me that she comes home all the time talking about how Dylan is her boyfriend. Dylan, overhearing this, immediately corrected her by saying he was NOT her boyfriend. We all, including Marley, had a good laugh. Dylan later admitted though, that Marley had succeeded in giving him a kiss one time on the playground but he didn't kiss her back. Boy, they start out early don't they?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nana thinks that some of the Moms would like to play "kissy kissy" with Dylan, too. When I take him to school, several Moms are saying hi to Dylan in that flirty voice. Me? I'm totally ignored, but walking with a puffed up chest. Makes a Nana proud. Teachers are always stopping me to tell me what a neat kid he is -- so smart, polite, sharing. No wonder Marley loves him. Wish I was about 50 years younger and not related. I'd go after the boy meself! :)

Love you, DT!! Mom and Dad, too.

Nana

Jenny said...

That's funny! Luke now has a crush on his caregiver's daughter, who is 18. :)

Meggan said...

Dylan tends to like the older girls too but right now, they are all yucky.