Monday, April 14, 2008

Doctor visit

I went in this morning to get more blood work done but when I got there, they decided to go ahead and do a second ultrasound. This time they did see something in the uterus but didn't detect a heartbeat. The ultrasound technician said that it could be because I was too early (I'm about 5 weeks and a day) or that the pregnancy had stopped itself. I have to go back in next Monday for another ultrasound. They went ahead with the blood work afterwards. I probably won't get the results until tomorrow morning. Even when the results come in, they won't know 100% sure what is going on until the next ultrasound.

I'm doing fine. I'm hopeful but realistic, too. I know that whatever happens, it is for a reason. I'm just relieved that I don't have to worry about an ectopic pregnancy now. I was afraid my tube was going to rupture and then I would have lost a baby and have more fertility problems. I'll keep updating as I get news. Thank you all for the prayers and encouragement.

By the way, nausea has set in. Fun!

4 comments:

Steph said...

Waiting is so very hard... hang in there!

Vickie said...

Got cha' covered! In prayer that is!!Love ya! Vickie

~Crystal~ said...

That's pure torment! I'm so sorry you are having to wait. I would be a basket case. I'm praying for you right this second.

Jenny said...

Keep us updated! Love you!