Monday, March 3, 2008

Life comes at you quick...

....in the form of a little black Honda, or at least it did for me! Yep, I had a wreck and it was so my fault. I was at a stop light and had gotten a piece of gum out, when the light turned green. We all began to go but I looked away for a split second (I know, that's all it takes) and looked back up and there it was, that little black Honda. I was really surprised by how hard I hit it! I really wasn't going that fast because there isn't much space between lights.

So we pull over to assess the damage. Up until then, I had been fine but by the time I parked my car, you guessed it, I was shaking and crying. What a baby! I knew that my car had taken a beating b/c I couldn't see the end of the hood. It was curled under. ugh! Then, the guy, who's car I had rammed into, pointed out that my radiator was busted. Green stuff was running everywhere. His 8 year old son thought it was cool.

Oh yeah, did I mention he had his son in the backseat. He was taking him to school. I've had two wrecks in my life and both times there was a kid in the car and both times that kid comforted me! (The first wreck wasn't my fault... it was weather related) Thankfully, no one was injured in either one. This little boy today was so cute. He reminded me a lot of Dylan. He was very nice and politely asked me a lot of questions. He said that he was going to have something cool to talk about when he got to school. Glad I could help. He also thought it was funny how I made Mt. Dew go into his and his dad's hair. I kinda thought it was funny too. Gotta find something funny in that situation, right?

Anyway, we looked at his car and there were only a few scratches on the bumper. He said there wasn't any reason to call the police (whew... I would have really cried). Then, we exchanged info and Casey came to pick me up. We headed back to the house to wait for the insurance agency. To make an already long story short... I won't have my car back for about two weeks and we won't go into how much it's going to cost to fix it... "like a good neighbor, State Farm is there" (thank goodness!).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so glad no one was hurt! Thank the good Lord!

I can think of better ways to start the day, but I can also think of worse!

We love you Meggie
Love,
Mike and Donna

Anonymous said...

I'm just so glad you're okay and no one else was hurt either. Leave it to the little guys to bring the important stuff to light, like how they'll have something cool to talk about at school. These days, it doesn't take much of a bump to leave a big dent. They sure don't make cars like they used to. I think we should all drive Humvees, don't you?

The rest of the week should be a breeze, now.

Did you get your books and stuff out of the Rodeo?

Love you, Rose.

Love,
Your mutha

Jenny said...

Poor Meggie.
Love you!

Vickie said...

I too, "Praise Jesus", that you were not hurt. The car can be replaced, but you can't.

It's good to be able to find humor in the sad things.

Love ya!
Vickie