Friday, February 29, 2008

Just call me Rose

Sorry it has been so long since I've left a decent post. The past 2 weeks have been busy. A lot has been going on and I'm thinking that it is only going to get crazier ( but in a good way).

It all started when I got sick the week before last. I'm still trying to catch up on the house work because of it and I was only out for less than two days. It is amazing how fast that stuff backs up on you. Also, I had to play catch up with my school work.

Speaking of school work, that is next on my list of things I've been busy with. Last week I had three tests, my photography portfolio and drawing sketch book due. I believe I made an 'A' on all of the tests but I'm still waiting for my photography test to come back. I love my photography class but it is an online class and basically I teach myself. A requirement of the course is to go and develop your own film in the school darkrooms. It is so much fun but very time consuming. I spent about 5-6 hours in there last week only to find out that my film should have been thrown out. I had a friend who took the class last semester come in and help me. Unfortunately, we went on what she remembered and my film was under developed. I went back this week b/c one class was canceled for the day and developed my film myself (closely reading the book of course). I did better but no one told me that I had to make sure the film reel didn't float up in the container. When I was finished, I found that part of my film was in the developing chemicals longer than the other half. Oh well, I now know exactly what to next time. Maybe I will be able to scan a few photos next week.

Also, last week I began a new class and it's not even at school. I am taking a class at the Health Dept. on food safety and regulations for Casey's bbq place. It is a three day class, held every Wed. from 1:30-4:30. Next week is the last class and TEST. Another test! Man, I can't get away from them. This is one that I am nervous about. I don't have much experience in the food industry. I worked as a hostess/busboy at a restaurant here in town for about a month (if that long). The only thing that I learned there was that I didn't want to work in a restaurant ever again. Go figure! Everyone else in the class already owns their own business or works at Zaxby's. Say a prayer for me about 2:00 next Wednesday. :) By the way, did I mention that I have to make an 80 or higher to pass?

I'll let you know how that turns out. :)

Well, I gotta get going. Sorry this was so long. I was called Rose growing up b/c it took me so long to tell a story or explain something. I know I am forgetting something but my brain is on idle this morning and can't remember anything else right now. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep this thing updated better.

P.S. I was trying to find a picture of 'Rose' to put on here but came across this and thought it was funny. I apologize for the language.

Betty White

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Man. Reading about all those assignments and tests made me tired. Good luck! And I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the Betty White pic. :)

Vickie said...

I use to run the kitchen at Kingwood CDC about 8 years or so ago and I had to take that course. I made a 98. The sad thing is, I even knew the answer to the one question I missed. Just put down the wrong answer. It isn't hard. If I can do it, I know you can.
After that course my kitchen got a 100 rating. The only 100 they have ever had as far as I know.
Sounds like a BRAG!! SORRY, just fact!! LOL I was very proud!