Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Please Pray

Last night, during the nasty weather, a good friend of Casey lost his mother, stepfather, and 17 yr. old stepbrother. His friend is one of the sweetest guys you will ever meet. He has seen so much tragedy. His biological dad died when he was really young. His stepfather pretty much raised him and his sister. He has been to Iraq and lost some of his hearing over there. His ex-wife was AWFUL to him and now he's lost his family. He and his wife are expecting their first boy together in the Spring. He also has a beautiful daughter that is about 8 yrs old. I'd like to ask everyone to please keep this family in your thoughts and prayers and any others that might have lost anyone in the storms. It's just so heartbreaking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For us, the storms weren't that bad. The same storm/tornado that killed that family, headed straight towards our side of town but all we got was a little wind, heavy rain, and lightning. For some reason, our city seems to have this protective bubble over it and we don't get the bad stuff. I hope it stays that way. However, I always prepare for storms and last night was no different. I made sure we had blankets and such in the bathroom and that I could easily get to Dylan (his room was a little messy). We had a tornado warning and I even got me and Dylan in the bathroom around 3:30 a.m. but that lasted only a few minutes. I am thankful that there was no damage and I still have my family. Please keep Casey's friend and his family in your prayers.

2 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

Mom called & told me about this. I'm so sorry. I'm praying right now.

Jenny said...

That is awful.