Monday, July 7, 2008

Random things

Our 4th of July was a good one. We got to spend some time with our friends Ken and Emily at their condo on the river. It was beautiful out there and peaceful. The condominium had their own fireworks display and we were practically right under them. It was awesome. DT got to stay with Mimi and Papa and spend time with Luke and Jake. Fun was had by all.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Casey and I did some much needed yard work yesterday. During that time, I found three baby blue jays in our backyard. They were pretty big but not yet able to fly. Luckily, we had to let the dogs in so Casey could mow the yard b/c Lucy would have made a meal out of them. I threw some bread and bird seed out b/c the mom and dad were still around. I hoped the best for them and left them alone. I went and checked on them this afternoon and two were dead and the other missing. I hope the other was able to eventually fly off. It's so sad about the other two. I remember when I was little bringing home baby birds that had fallen out of their nests. For some reason, every time I did, my parents would let me keep them and try to keep the alive but they always died over night. I come by it naturally though... they are big animal lovers too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pray for Smokey C's. Casey and Cory are having problem after problem with the main smoker. They bought it used but it supposed to be a good one. They can't seem to keep it running. A new one costs about as much as a new car. Everyone is real anxious to open. Pray this thing can get fixed and for Casey and Cory... they need it.

No comments: