Thursday, July 10, 2008

Dreams, Rocky, Smoker

I've always had very vivid and weird dreams. I can usually remember more that one a night. I can see color, feel pain, remember little details and so on. But since I've been pregnant I've had terrible dreams... worse than normal. The other morning, I was dreaming and had to tell myself that it was ok to wake up and thankfully I did. I won't explain the whole dream but it was kind of like a school shooting dream but everyone had a gun and was shooting anyone in sight. Me and several other girls were hiding behind a tree and then went to hide in the river. We made it out ok but there were thousands of casualties. The part that had me crying and hugging Casey, when I woke up, was Casey was in the dream, too and we had been separated and I never knew what had happened to him. I just kept sitting there waiting for him to show up. I woke up before I ever found out. It took me about 5 to 10 minutes to calm down and Casey had to hold me the whole time. That is how real my dreams are. Rarely, are the dreams good. They are always bad or just plain weird. I hope that doesn't say something about me.

Is anyone else like that?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday, Rocky was running up and down our back fence, barking at the City workers who finally came to clean up the ditch behind our house, when he hurt himself. He wouldn't put his back, right leg down, so Casey and I decided to take him to the vet this morning. Diagnosis: torn ACL. Cure: surgery! Who knew? I thought only athletes did that. So now we have until August 21 to save up the money to get him fixed. If we didn't do the surgery, he basically be a gimp and would be in pain from time to time. We couldn't do that to him b/c he is one of our babies and also, our walking and hiking buddy. He loves it and we couldn't do that to him. At the vet's, they had to give him something to relax b/c his legs are pretty muscular and the doctor couldn't find what was wrong. After is was over, we couldn't pass up the chance to take a few pictures. Bless his heart... he was out of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The smoker seems to be fixed, finally! I probably just jinxed it but so far so good. If all goes well, we should open next Tuesday or Thursday. This weekend we have our first catering gig. Yay!

5 comments:

Vickie said...

I have dreams like that too. Hate it when that happens.

Rocky looks like he is feeling no pain. I know a few people who would enjoy one of those shots.

Bring me a sample platter PLEASE!!

Donna said...

Poor Rocky!! He is going to be embarassed when he finds out you took his picture while he was down and out!!! If that wasn't already bad enough, you put it on the Internet for all to see!!!

Look ashamed for 15 minutes!

Jenny said...

Poor guy. Frank sends his love.

I'm happy about the smoker. Hopefully we can get up there again soon.

Or maybe we'll be moving into our home next week!!! WHOO HOO.

Please pray nothing happens between now and then. Appraisers have been mean to us this summer.

Anonymous said...

My poor granddog. I guess a torn ACL happens to those who are a buff as Rocky. I hate that he has to have surgery, but if it makes him better, it's worth it.

And . . . I'm one of those people who'd like one of those shots, Vickie! :)

Am soooo looking forward to some Smokey C's. Hope the smoker holds up and all goes well this week.

You get your vivid dreams from your mother, though I don't have the "bad" dreams as often as you. But, I too dream in color, with smells, and the sense of touch.

Steph said...

Rocky is a CUTIE... the exact kind of dog I used to want (see blog!) Good luck with the restaurant!