Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Aftermath

This picture pretty much sums up how we all feel after our first three days at Smokey's. The picture was taken about 6:30 last night (he went to bed shortly after). We all could have gone to bed then. Bless his heart, since we have to get up at 4:30, so does he. DT has done so good with it all, though. Thankfully, this won't be a permanent thing... getting up at that time of day is rough on me, too.


I knew that having a drive-thru was going to be hard work but I never expected it to be so, so quickly. I had faith that this was and is going to do good but we sold out of food everyday by 2:00. I never expected that! We had to close down before dinner. Once the new smoker comes in, we will be able to handle the demand. I know the boys can't wait. We've had people come b/c someone called them and told them how good the food was, and even had people come back the next day for more. It is so exciting. I am so proud for the guys... well, everyone. There has been a lot of hard work put into this and it is working out for them. The hardest part, right now, is trying to set up a routine and a way to get the food out more efficiently but that is to be expected... at lunch, we've been slammed from the get go and none of us has ever really done this before. Thank you to all who have prayed and sent good thoughts our way! They were obviously heard.

BIG thanks to mom and dad for watching Dylan during all of this!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~

In baby news, I'm now 19 weeks pregnant. I'm feeling the baby move around pretty good now but it's another stubborn one. Every time Casey or Dylan put their hands on my belly to feel the baby, it stops moving. It's really not that active of a baby, at least during the day. The funny thing is, the only time it seems to get excited and move a lot is when I'm eating. Sounds like a kid after my own heart. I have a doctor's appointment this week and then in two weeks we find out what it is. yay!

1 comment:

Steph said...

Congrats on everything!