Tuesday, July 15, 2008

It's Been One Hell of a Day!

Pardon the expression but it just fits! Today, at Smokey C's, our biggest and main smoker finally bit the dust and made sure it had a victim, besides the bank account, before it did. Last week, the guys had the gas regulator fixed and thought (hoped) that maybe it was finally fixed for good. They set the grand opening date for this Thursday. Well, today, they turned the beast on and it tried to take them out. Casey went to open the fire box door, the area where the gas regulator is supposed to work, and a big ball of fire shot out and singed the hair off his arms. This has happened before, except it got both Casey and Cory. This is why the regulator was supposed to get fixed last week. Later on this morning, Casey was walking up to the fire box door to check the inside but before he could open it, it burst open on its own and fire shot out again! This time, to keep from getting burned, Casey jumped over a table and broke his big toe. That was the last straw. We have to buy a brand new smoker.

We are still planning to open Thursday. Pray that we can cook enough food and that our other smokers don't become possessed, too.

~~~~~~~~~~~

While I'm already gripping and complaining... I had a kidney stone this weekend. That was fun.

I hate McDonald's. Their drive-thrus turn everyone into grade A a-holes (sorry, I'm trying really hard to censor myself today). Also, their employees are just so delightful.

Last but not least, my left butt cheek cramps up every night. Kinda makes sleeping only on my left side hard.

Note: I know I'm very blessed and my day wasn't really that bad, I just think everyone has a right to complain every now and then. Besides, I'm pregnant... this is the only time its okay, right? :)

~~~~~~~~~~~

So, how was your day?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, your mother never complains. ;)

Things have got to turn around here, don't you think? It only took a year for us!

And yes. Everyone has the right to gripe and I agree with all of yours.

Love,
mom

Jenny said...

I just heard about the smoker from Chris. I'm so sorry. And you ought to vent more often. :) I think it's cute when you curse!
HAHAHA

Love you preggie.