Saturday, October 25, 2008

Catching up...

Sorry, it's been a long time. I get on here to post and then just lose the desire. Not much has been going on anyway. Here are a few things:

1. We had Dylan's b-day party early this year b/c I knew I wouldn't have the energy later on. It was a great party. Fun was had by all. Here are a few pictures.















I love Luke's expression in this picture.

















2. This past Thursday, I went with Dylan on his first field trip. We were both pretty excited. You know how field trips become such a big deal. We went to the pumpkin patch and it was kind of a disappointment. The kids had fun and that is all that matters. Here are a few pics of that too.







I can never get a serious picture out of him.








Dylan's teacher and class... look at all of those boys! I don't know how she does it.







I think this was the kid's favorite part. All of us moms sat there and cringed b/c they were covered in dirt when it was all said and done, but you've just got to let them have fun sometimes.






Dylan with his pumpkin. It wasn't even an actual pumpkin patch. They just sat these bumpy pumpkins out on this dirt patch for the kids to go pick out. It took maybe 30 seconds to get one. It was kind of buddy (haven't used that word in a long time but it fits).







3. I've had two doctor's visits I think, since the last time I blogged. Deacon is arriving December 9th, unless he decides to come earlier. All of my numbers look good and I'll have one more ultrasound at 36 weeks. I still look in the mirror and can't believe I am pregnant, much less 6 weeks away from having a new baby. Needless to say, I'm ready.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

This post made me laugh so much. We also went to a buddy pumpkin patch a week ago. I guess I can throw some pumpkins in a pile, throw some hay down, and call it a patch too next year! :) The pics are great. The one with Jake makes me nervous because he's holding someone's keys next to the river.

Meggan said...

I think we should make our own pumpkin patch. They made a killing off of our group. They charged 8.00 a person and their pumpkins were crap!

Jake had Mimi's keys. You know he would have been forgiven. :)

Anonymous said...

The picture of the kids climbing the hill, with DT falling down, looks like a picture that will be seen in their Senior Annual. You know the one where you send embarrasing baby/little kid photos?

And yes, I would have forgiven baby J if he had lost my keys. I'm glad he didn't, however! Mimi