Thursday, January 10, 2008

new year... new blogger

I haven't really had a chance to review 2007 or look to 2008 but I know 2007 is over and I'm happy. It wasn't the worst year but it wasn't that grand either. Since I am trying to be a more positive person (not a New Year resolution by the way) here is my top 10 list of good things that I can remember about 2007:

1~ Casey no longer works in H'sville everyday.
2~ My cute little nephew, Jake, came into the world healthy and happy!
3~ I passed all of my classes (and with good grades too).
4~ Dylan started preschool.
5~ I got to see Christi and her family. She is like a sister I get to see about once every 5 yrs.
6~ Casey and I celebrated our FIVE year anniversary. We didn't make it to Vegas like we'd planned five years ago but that's ok.
7~ The Holiday's were great... lots of food, family and friends. I got BOSE iPod earbuds (I've wanted some kind of BOSE product for the longest time...these were perfect), camera tripod, wireless router for my laptop, the best smelling candle, a backpack to go hiking with, gift certificates galore (I love 'em), and some other wonderful things that my foggy brain won't let loose of.
8~ We finally...ok, mostly finished our bedroom and master bathroom. 'Master bathroom' sounds like a great bathroom but it's about the size of a closet. At least it has a full shower/bath.
9~ I got to go on a beach trip with three lovely ladies and it was a blast! I'm ready to go again and soon.
10~ I am alive, healthy, happy and loved. I couldn't ask for anything else.

Now, a few things I am looking forward to in 2008:

1~ We are still hoping for a baby this year. Keep your fingers crossed.
2~ Unless he changes him mind, we will be purchasing my brother-in-laws camper, which means a lot of weekend trips to anywhere b/c rv parks/campgrounds are cheap. And since we are getting the camper...
3~ ...Casey is taking me back home to Arkansas in the spring!!! I can't wait. This little development has only come about in the last few days and I am so excited. We will spend a few days in the Ozarks camping and hiking and then we will head down to Hot Springs for a few days. The only times I've been back in Hot Springs were for funerals, so this is so exciting for me.
4~ Again keep your fingers crossed... Casey loves to bar-b-que and will hopefully have a stand at the Alabama Jubilee this May. If you make it out there this year, stop by and support him. He does a great job and he is hoping this will be something he can do for a long time. Plus, I need new tires for my car. :)
5~ I look forward to continuing to update our 1980's home. The wallpaper is awful and to make matters worse, the oh-so-kind folks that put it up didn't prepare the walls. They put it on the bare sheet rock (or whatever its called) so when you go to take it off the walls, chunks of sheet rock come with it! It's a pain y'all.
6~ We are also talking about taking a trip to Savannah, GA this year with our friends Ken and Emily. I've ALWAYS wanted to go and it would be fun with them.
I think that is enough for one person to look forward to for now.


2 comments:

Vickie said...

Hey Meggan! Welcome to the world of blog. I don't blog like Crystal does do but I do read them.

Steph said...

Hey Meggan... you don't know me at all but I saw your link on Jen's blog. Heck, I barely know your sister-in-law but I still wanted to say hello and welcome since I LOVE to get comments on my blog. I think you'll like blogging... it's a therapeutic way to kill some time on the computer. Take care!