Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Spasms, Baby, Smokey C's

Spasm is such a funny word. It looks funny and sounds funny but I'm here to tell you it doesn't feel funny! Monday morning, I was getting ready in the bathroom, so I could take DT to school and all of the sudden I had a sharp pain in the lower, middle part of my back. It took me by surprise b/c I was just standing there rubbing lotion on my belly. I was still in pain but went ahead and took DT to school. Getting into the car was no fun but I made it in. Unfortunately I adjusted when I got in there and the pain worsened. I, of course, started to cry like a baby b/c it hurt like hell and I knew I was going to have a very hard time getting out of my car. Once I got to the school and out of the car, I stiffly walked Dylan to class. His teacher and another 4 year old teacher were in the hall talking and knew something was wrong. I told them what happened, still crying, and DT's teacher said she wouldn't let me drive and took me to mom's house.
Long story short (it could be a lot longer)... I had to go to my doctor and he said I was having back spasms. I was thinking 'That's it?! Back spasms?' b/c it felt way more serious than that. These things felt like they were breaking my body in half. I've never felt so much pain in my life. The doc wrote me a prescription, which he told me would be Darvocet (spelling?) and I was almost giddy b/c I thought I'd be in la-la land while getting to rest on the couch for a few days. Let's just say the medicine has most definitely helped but it wasn't anything thing like I thought it would be. It made me a little drowsy, that's it. Dang!
The doc also went ahead and checked to make sure I wasn't in labor and I haven't softened or thinned AT ALL but the baby's head is real low. Doesn't matter anyway... you know, with the whole c-section thing and all.

******************************
Speaking of baby :), I had another doc's appt. today to get an ultrasound and test. They couldn't do everything Monday . Deacon looks like he is going to be a big boy. They say, as far a weight goes, that he is about a week ahead of time. He measured about 6 lbs and 14 oz. This is at 36 weeks. When Dylan was born, which was at about 40 weeks, he weighed 7 lbs and 4oz. Babies gain about a 1/2 an ounce each week from 36 weeks on. SO, since he his already almost 7 lbs now, he could weigh over 8 lbs at birth. Again, doesn't matter much anyway b/c of the whole c-section thing. I weighed 8 lbs and 15 oz when I was born. He must get it from his momma.

******************************

I haven't said much about Smokey's lately. We have been blessed once again. Smokey's has done pretty good, especially since we opened in such a crappy economic time, but there have been slow times. Well, now things are really picking up. We had and have several big catering jobs and we've had a lot of orders to cook people's turkeys for Thanksgiving. We are seeing lots of new customers and still seeing lots of our repeat customers. We have a lot to be thankful for this year!

No comments: